The content of this post is outdated. If this Knowledge Base article applies to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To upgrade Integrity Data products first open the Activation Manager screen within GP (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > Activation Manager) and make note of all the products you have installed. You will need to run the install on all machines, which currently have our products installed. Once the database has updated the tables any users on an older version will get an error if they login to GP with the older version installed. If you are unsure which machines have Integrity Data products installed, you can look at the Dynamics.set file on each machine (C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft DynamicsGP2013). The Dynamics .set file will list all the products installed. Now that you have all the products to upgrade and the machines that will need upgraded you can run the Microsoft Dynamics GP update. Once Microsoft Dynamics GP has been updated you will follow the steps below to begin the Integrity Data installs.
Prior to installing:
- Confirm all users are logged out of Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Complete all payroll runs and validate no payroll runs are in process
- Make a backup of the Company and Dynamics databases and the GP folder
To install Integrity Data Products first downloaded the Integrity Data GP 2013 Setup.exe file and User Guide from our website. If installing Employee Email Suite or Comprehensive Leave Manager, see additional product specific steps.
The first machine you login to Microsoft Dynamics GP as system administrator after running the install will complete the SQL Server Component updates. You will need to login as system administrator to each company to complete the upgrade.
1. Copy the Integrity Data GP 2013 Setup.exe file to a local drive.
2. Right click Integrity Data GP2013 Setup.exe file and select “Run as Administrator”. If you do not see this option, hold the shift key down and right click.
3. Complete the steps in the wizard.
4. Verify that the GP directory is correct, if it is not, select Change.
5. Select Custom to choose to install only the specific products you purchased.
6. Select Activation Components to only install activation manager files. This option will not install products and it is typically ran under direction from support to address an error with activation components.
7. Select All Components to install all Integrity Data products, this includes U-LINC and HRP. The products you did not purchase will register with a 30-day trial period.
8. You will be prompted to uninstall the older version, select y. If you have multiple products, it will uninstall all products.
9. Select the product(s) to install, if installing multiple products, select all that need to be installed.
10. Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013.
11. If prompted to include new code, choose yes.
12. Login as ‘system administrator’ for each company to create the SQL Server components.
13. The system will auto activate the products you have purchased if you have access to the internet on the machine. If you receive a message, “Activation Manager failed” contact email@example.com and include a screenshot of the Activation Manager window to receive manual keys.
Additional Product Specific Steps
Employee E-Mail Suite
Outlook 2010 and 2013
We currently support and update Outlook 2010 and 2013 addin. If you are using Outlook as the email method then you will need to verify the Integrity Data Email Companion is installed and Active in Outlook (File > Options > Addins). If the Integrity Data Email Security Addin is installed you will need to uninstall the Security Addin from the Control Panel and download the new Addin (Outlook Setup.exe file) from the website. Please see the Employee E-Mail Suite User Guide for more detailed install instructions on installing the new Outlook Addin. This install only needs to be ran on the machines with Outlook installed and where you plan to send the emails.
If you are using Outlook 2007, the employee specific email attachment is unsupported in this version. You can still send a company PDF attachment and email earnings statements. You need to verify the Integrity Data Security Addin is installed (Tools > Trust Center > Addins). If this is installed you only need to download the Outlook 2007 GP 2013 DLL files.zip and Instructions Outlook 2007.txt files from the website and complete the instructions to replace the GP 2013 DLL files. If you do not have the Integrity Data Security Addin you will also need to download the Outlook 2007 Setup.zip in addition to the DLL files and instruction. This install only needs to be ran on the machines with Outlook installed and where you plan to send the emails.
Comprehensive Leave Manager for BP
If you are upgrading Comprehensive Leave Manager for Business Portal, before the Business Portal upgrade you must uninstall the current version of Comprehensive Leave Manager on Business Portal. Please see the Comprehensive Leave Manager BP User Guide for the Uninstall steps and required permissions. This user guide is for both BP 6.0 and 6.1. After Comprehensive Leave Manager for BP has been uninstalled on the current BP server then proceed with the Business Portal upgrade. Once the Business Portal upgrade is complete then download the install files and complete the install steps in the Comprehensive Leave Manger BP User Guide to install the new version of Comprehensive Leave Manager for BP.
Last Review: February 2, 2015 – Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013