The content of this post is outdated. If this Knowledge Base article applies to you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To upgrade Integrity Data products before you start the upgrade process for Microsoft Dynamics GP, open the Activation Manager screen within GP (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > Activation Manager) and make note of all the products you have installed.
You will need to run the install on all machines, which currently have our products installed. Once the database has updated the tables, any users on an older version will receive an error if they login to GP with the older version installed. If you are unsure which machines have Integrity Data products installed, you can look at the Dynamics .set file on each machine. To determine the Dynamics .set file on the machine, right click on the Microsoft Dynamics GP shortcut icon, select properties, and select Open file location button. This will open the correct file location for your Microsoft Dynamics GP instance.
The Dynamics .set file will list all the products installed. Now that you have a list of all the products to upgrade and the machines that will need upgraded you can run the Microsoft Dynamics GP update. Once Microsoft Dynamics GP has been updated, you will follow the steps below to begin the Integrity Data installs.
Prior to installing:
- Confirm all users are logged out of Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Complete all payroll runs and validate no payroll runs are in process
- Make a backup of the Company and Dynamics databases and the GP folder
To install Integrity Data Products, first downloaded the Integrity Data GP 2015 Setup.exe file and User Guide from our website. If installing Employee Email Suite or Comprehensive Leave Manager, see additional product specific steps.
We have one install file for all products. Within the install wizard, you will select the product you want to install. If you want to try a product you did not purchase, you can select it and receive 30 day temporary keys. Once the trial ends you will be notified at login and can turn off the product within the Activation Manager window (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > Activation Manager) or purchase the product at that time.
The user guide has more detailed install steps for each product if you wish to review those steps before installing.
After running the install, the system will update the SQL Server Component when you login to Microsoft Dynamics GP as system administrator. Typically, this is done from the SQL server but can also be done from a workstation. When you open Microsoft Dynamics GP, we recommend you right click the Microsoft Dynamics GP icon and select “Run as administrator.” If you do not “Run as administrator” then you might get a privilege error, Microsoft Dynamics GP will close and the new code will not be included. Once you login to Microsoft Dynamics GP successfully and convert tables for one company you will need to login as system administrator to each company to complete the upgrade.
If you receive a message, “Activation Request Failed” at login for a product, open the Activation Manager window (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > Activation Manager), select the product and send a screenshot to Support@integrity-data.com. We will then send you the registration keys for the product in the screenshot.
Steps to run the install:
- Copy the Integrity Data GP 2015 Setup.exe file to a local drive
- Right click Integrity Data GP2015 Setup.exe file and select “Run as Administrator”. If you do not see this option, hold the shift key down and right click.
- Complete the steps in the wizard
4. Verify the GP directory is correct – if it is not select Change
5. Select Custom to choose to install only the specific products you purchased.
6. Select Activation Components to only install activation manager files. This option will not install products and it is typically run only to fix an error with activation manager.
7. Select All Components to install all Integrity Data products. The products you did not purchase will register with a 30-day trial period.
If you are upgrading, you will be prompted to uninstall the older version, select “y”. If you have multiple products, it will uninstall all products.
8. Select the product(s) to install, if installing multiple products, select all that need to be installed.
9. Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP 2015. We recommend you right click the Microsoft Dynamics GP icon and select “Run as Administrator” when you open Microsoft Dynamics GP.
10. If prompted to include new code, choose yes.
11. Login as the ‘system administrator’ for each company to create the SQL Server components.
12. The system will auto activate the products you have purchased if you have access to the internet on the machine. If you receive a message Activation Manager failed contact email@example.com and include a screenshot of the Activation Manager window (Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > System > Activation Manager) with the product select to receive manual keys.