If GP Payroll is already so ACA friendly, why do I need to consider an enhancement for ACA compliance?
- Though the payroll module in GP has an ACA-friendly foundation, that grounding is not enough to populate Form 1095-C according to all the intricate ACA changes to the Internal Revenue Code. GP 2013 and GP 2015 provide basic 1095-C form generation. However, in many cases the determination of the codes to be placed on the forms must be done by the person generating the forms. Our ACA solution makes all of the proper determinations automatically and does not require the user to modify the data on the form.
- Two circumstances also exist where the GP form generation is not acceptable to the IRS:
- 1) If an employer is part of a commonly controlled or affiliated group, the ACA requires that Form 1094-C be filed with consolidated reporting. An example is two or more different organizations with common ownership or control must consolidate their employee data for ACA reporting and cannot do the reporting for each individual organization. ACA functionality standard in GP 2013 and GP 2015 will generate Form 1094-C from a single GP company, but will not consolidate the employee records for multiple companies as required by the IRS. Our solution provides this functionality in order to meet the compliance regulations.
- 2) If an employer has 250 or more full-time employees or full-time equivalents, they then must file Form 1094-C electronically to the IRS. Dynamics GP does not support the e-filing of the ACA forms. Our solution includes e-filing at no additional cost.
Is mid-year implementation possible with the ACA solution I find?
- Mid-year implementation is possible with Integrity Data’s ACA Compliance Solution. It is important to note, though, that if your company is at risk of ACA penalties (referenced above), it is best not to wait. Here is why:
- Our solution will populate the IRS forms at any time, but if you do not have the monthly BI that you need to get the mandated offers of coverage to newly eligible employees, you are risking the accumulation of penalties that are now being assessed on a monthly basis.
How long will it take to implement your ACA solution?
- In most organizations, we can help users be up and running and producing their first set of eligibility reports within an hour or two. Additional training and consulting is always available for those who need further assistance.