Before e-filing it is strongly recommended that you:
- Make sure data is ready to send (1095-Cs and 1094-C for tax year 2016)
- Validate your 1095-Cs
- Re-run a year end close if a large number of errors are found or you last ran your year-end close prior to 1-12-2017. (Please note this will overwrite your existing 1094-C and 1095-C data and recalculate those values.) This is not mandatory if you are happy with your data as it stands.
- Before running year end (if you choose to do so):
a. Verify ACA plan setups
b. Verify ACA Assignment Setups
c. Verify Standard Measurement Period Setups
d. Make sure 1094-C pre-requisites are filled out
- Check your data again for the following. The IRS will reject returns unless you verify that:
a. Zipcode extensions are “0” (which means none) or 4 digits long (anything else will reject). These are found on Employee Maintenance records.
b. Apartment or suite numbers with a “hashtag” is followed not by a space. AKA change this: # 108 to this: #108. These are found on Employee Maintenance records or company setup records.
- When sending to IRS, make sure to check the “select 1095-C” button each and EVERY TIME you go to file (originals, corrections, replacements, etc.). Also note that you may need to check each page of the select 1095-C if you have many pages worth.
- Be patient with the IRS. After our transmission is in a “Pending” state it could take 1 or 2 days for an updated status.
Questions / Resources
If you have questions or comments please email Support@integrity-data.com.
If you would like to search for information and resources for Integrity Data products check out the following sites:
- Knowledge Base: http://www.integrity-data.com/knowledge-base/
- Videos: http://www.integrity-data.com/video-library/
Last Review: 1/30/17 – Revision: 1.0
ACA Compliance Solution