However, the shortcomings of PTO Manager include the fact that it is limited to only vacation and sick tracking, only calculates during payroll processing, bases accruals only on hours worked, has limited transaction types for adjustment, has limited maximum and carryover capabilities and has no self-service capabilities.
Comprehensive Leave Manager
• Unlimited user defined leave codes
• Accrual, Lump Sum and Comp Time leave types
• Accrue with or without payroll processing
• Multiple accrual rules to support complex accruals
• Mass assignment/Quick assignment
• Full transaction history
• Multiple types of leave transactions (payouts)
• Sick bank/Leave transfer/Donate capabilities
• Tracks intermittent FLMA instances in HR
• Self-service views
As you can see, the Comprehensive Leave Manager provides more robust capabilities for managing accrual schedules, maximums, comp time, etc.
It’s not that one product is necessarily better than the other, but they serve different purposes and help you manage different requirements.
So, if you are trying to determine which would best fit your needs, feel free to check out this slide deck showing the benefits/limitations of PTO Manager and Comprehensive Leave Manager.
Vacation season is just around the corner – approach it with confidence by using the right solution for managing leave time.
Our goal remains the same; we want to help Dynamics GP users manage leave for their employees in an accurate and automated way.
Contact Dan Doolin, at Integrity Data, so we can discuss how your business can benefit from our expertise and experience.