The PDF File Location is where Employee Email Suite does all the work to create PDF files. There are a few considerations when selecting this location.
1.) The local drive is the fastest option to create the PDF Files. It does not have to connect to the network.
2.) Network drive – if the local drive is not an option you can use a network drive.
- Map the shared drive: It is best to map the drive instead of using a UNC path. A mapped drive maintains the network connection where as a UNC path continuously tries to connect to the network when creating the files. The UNC path can slow down the process.
- Network speed can impact how quickly the system can create files in a shared drive. 10/100 or Gigabit network backbone.
- Other uses on Network share.
- VOIP has priority over data on the network.
- Intensive applications running on the network YouTube, Pandora, and the like.
3.) Antivirus Software – the software can scan the PDF files when they are created, attached to an email and again when the email is sent. This can slow the process down, if possible, whitelist the PDF file location from your Antivirus Software. Then, it will not scan the PDF file during the creation process and speed up the process.
4.) SQL and number of databases being used on the server.
5.) Machine Memory – ensure the machine has sufficient memory.
You may be interested in: How long does it take to process the e-mails article.