The ACA solution does require monthly deductions/benefits for Health coverage. If there are no payroll benefit/deductions for any reason in a month, the system will show that the employee is not covered for those months. When a benefit/deduction transaction does not exist for a particular month the way to tell the system that the employees are covered is to upload a Benefit Transaction with zero UNITSTOPAY, RATEAMOUNT and AMOUNT for each month the employee does not have a benefit/deduction transaction.
For example, employee ACKE0001 is a teacher paid on a 9-month schedule with only benefits/deductions transactions for the 9 months the employee received a check yet had coverage for 12 months. Because we need to import monthly transactions for the entire year, we will import 3 lines of zero amount benefit transactions for the 3 months a paycheck was not received.
Note: you can edit the file in Excel then save as a Tab Delimited Text file before importing.
This scenario is often found with Educational Institutions that cover the employees for the year but deduct from the paychecks spread over 9 months.
Other situations that you will need to upload Health coverage transactions are:
- Employer pays 100% of the coverage for the employee
- Employee is on FMLA during the month and coverage remained in force
- Employee is on military duty during the month and coverage remained in force
- Employee is on jury duty or illness during the month and coverage remained in force
Self-Insured plans will need to upload Benefits for Part III proof of coverage as below:
- Retirees with zero hours but have Health coverage
- Partners or owners who have zero hours but have Health coverage
Questions / Resources
If you have questions or comments please email Support@integrity-data.com.
If you would like to search for information and resources for Integrity Data products check out the following sites:
- Knowledge Base: http://www.integrity-data.com/hrp/knowledge-base/
- Videos: http://www.integrity-data.com/video-library/
Last Review: 4/21/2016 – Revision: 1.0
ACA Compliance and Law for Cloud Users
Categories: Import of Data
Keywords: Monthly, Deductions