We have developed five SmartList Reports for Comprehensive Leave Manager.
- Leave Liability –Contains the Employees leave liability for all leave codes and employees. The report uses current pay code information assigned to the employee to calculate the liability.
- Leave Summary – Displays data for all employees and leave codes from the Employee Leave Maintenance and Employee Leave Summary window.
- Leave Transactions – Displays transactional data for all employees and leave codes from the Employee Leave Transactions window.
- Leave summary after calculate –Displays employees and leave codes being processed this pay period and the leave balance amounts. This report only contains data during payroll processing. Run this report after calculate checks to verify leave earned, taken, pending and available amounts for this pay period..
- Leave Transactions after Calculate – Displays data for all employees and leave codes being processed this pay period and the leave balance amounts. This report only contains data during payroll processing. Run this report after calculate checks to verify leave earned, taken, pending and available amounts for this pay period.
You can modify or customize any of these reports to fit your needs once you have imported them into Microsoft Dynamics GP. Complete the following steps to Import the reports into Microsoft Dynamics GP.
1.) Save and open the LeaveReports.zip, then save “Leave Report.xml” file to your local workstation.
2.) Login to Microsoft Dynamics GP as ‘sa’
3.) Navigate to the SmartList Builder Import window.
Note: If you do not have SmartList Builder, you may want to check out the SQL views article for Comprehensive Leave Manager.
4.) Enter or browse to the file location from step 1.
5.) Select Import
6.) Open SmartList
7.) Select yes to the message, “SmartList Builder has detected changes to be made. Do you want to make these changes now?”
8.) You should now see Comprehensive Leave Manager and all five files listed. If you are unable to view the new reports then complete the following steps to setup security for the new SmartList reports.
Adding Security for a new SmartList report
1.) Open the Security Task Setup window.
2.) Select a current task ID assigned to the user or create a new one
3.) Select SmartList for the Product List
4.) Select SmartList Objects for the Type
5.) Select SmartList Objects for the Series
6.) After the SmartList objects appear in the Access List pane, click to select the check boxes for the SmartList objects.
7.) Click Save
8.) If you opened an existing task in Step 2, you can skip the rest of the steps below. If you created a new task in Step 3, proceed to step 10.
9.) Open the Security Roles Setup window.
10.) Open an existing role or create a new role.
11.) Find the task you created in Step 2 and select the check box next to it.
12.) Click Save.
13.) If you opened an existing role in Step 10, you can skip the rest of the steps below. If you created a new role in Step 11, proceed to Step 15.
14.) Open the User Security Setup window.
15.) Select the user and company.
16.) Find the role you created in Step 10 and select the check box next to it.
17.) Click Save.