The end of the year is rolling around and you know what that means … ACA filing season on top of your normal year-end duties. But this does not need to be as stressful as you think – after all, it’s the holidays, you deserve to be happy!
As a reminder, the deadlines for ACA forms are as follows:
But here’s what can make this all less stressful:
- In a recent report, IRPAC suggested that the IRS extend the deadline for furnishing forms to employees in the same way as they have in the past. However, at this point we’re not guaranteed an extension. Let’s keep our fingers crossed, though. 🙂
- Good news: many employers can actually get their forms distributed to employees in December, well ahead of the other normal year-end activities.
In summary, you can get started early IF:
- Health insurance begins:
- At least 30 days from the date of hire
- 1st of the month following the date of hire
- Health insurance ends the last day of the month of termination.
- If you do not have a fully-qualified (1A) health insurance plan, you must be able to obtain your list of covered employees in December.
- If you are self-insured, you can obtain your list of covered individuals in December.
Note that this does NOT mean you can e-file early too. We have to wait for the IRS to open up the system to accept the electronic ACA forms. Historically, this has been in early-to-mid January. But, that’s OK, you have until April 1st to complete electronic filing activities.
Integrity Data is here to help. If you want some extra help getting through your ACA year-end activities, we can:
- Help you through the process via our Premium Support package – email us for more information.
- Already a Premium Support customer, email us to schedule your ACA year-end assistance.
- Do the work for you through our Full Service offering.
Get started on your ACA year-end activities now and you’ll be well ahead of your peers when January 1st rolls around. Happy Holidays!