However, the shortcomings of PTO Manager include:
- Limited to only vacation and sick tracking
- Only calculates during payroll processing
- Bases accruals only on hours worked
- Limited transaction types for adjustment
- Limited maximum and carryover capabilities
- No self-service capabilities
Comprehensive Leave Manager
- Unlimited user defined leave codes
- Accrual, Lump Sum and Comp Time leave types
- Accrue with or without payroll processing
- Multiple accrual rules to support complex accruals
- Mass assignment/Quick assignment• Full transaction history
- Multiple types of leave transactions (payouts)
- Sick bank/Leave transfer/Donate capabilities
- Tracks intermittent FLMA instances in HR
- Self-service views
As you can see, the Comprehensive Leave Manager provides more robust capabilities for managing accrual schedules, maximums, comp time, etc.
It’s not that one product is necessarily better than the other, but they serve different purposes and help you manage different requirements.
Vacation season is just around the corner – approach it with confidence by using the right solution for managing leave time. Our goal remains the same; we want to help Dynamics GP users manage leave for their employees in an accurate and automated way.
Contact Dan Doolin, at Integrity Data, so we can discuss how your business can benefit from our expertise and experience.