Some IRS filing errors revolve around the 1094-C. This KB is designed to preemptively direct you away from these errors by carefully examining the following 2 pages in the Maintenance section of the ACA solution BEFORE pushing the Send button!
- 1094-C Prerequisites
- Edit 1094-C Information
Step 1 – A CORRECT PREREQUISITE SETUP IS THE BEGINNING STEP FOR A SUCCESSFUL E-FILE TO THE IRS.
- This illustration shows us a correct setup for a multiple EIN company Prerequisite. If you are single EIN company, you will check NO on the second circle. if you make changes be sure to click SAVE at the bottom.
- If you have multiple companies sharing the same EIN this link will help:
- Go to 1095-C in the Maintenance section: Before going to Step 2, you will need to look up the total number of 1095-C’s you want to send to the IRS found at the bottom right corner of the 1095-C page in Maintenance. You will need this number per company before you go to Step 2.
Step 2 – VERIFYING THE ACCURACY OF THE 1094-C IS A MUST FOR A SUCCESSFUL E-FILE TO THE IRS
- Open the Edit 1094-C window and carefully look at each part of PART I, II, III and IV. Make sure the number on line 18 and 20 match the number on the 1095-C page. Line 19 AND 21 should be checked to match your Prerequisite setups. If line 21 is checked yes then the box on Part III Aggregated Group should be checked. This allows Part IV to properly fill in the other EIN companies that are in the Group. Check each of your companies in this window.
- If you see that the numbers are not correct or the information needs changing on the Edit 1094-C page, first, check to see if the Prerequisites are set up properly and then use the Reconcile button at the bottom of Part III of the 1094-C edit window to align the data with the Prerequisite setup and 1095-C numbers. The 1095-C total numbers could be different than the original data produced by the Year End Close because you deleted forms or added forms. Editing forms does not change the numbers.
- If you have Multiple companies that need updating or Part IV is not populated when it should be for multiple EIN companies, then choose the second in the dropdown, as shown, and uncheck both checks. Then click Continue and Continue again.
NOW ONTO THE IRS FILING: CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR KB14-093
Questions / Resources
If you have questions or comments please email Support@integrity-data.com.
If you would like to search for information and resources for Integrity Data products check out the following sites:
- Knowledge Base: https://www.integrity-data.com/knowledge-base/
- Videos: https://www.integrity-data.com/video-library
Last Review: 8/4/2022 – Revision: 0.0
Applies To: ACA Compliance Solution
Keywords: Prerequisites, E-File
Categories: Year End-Prerequisites 1094-C; Year End – 1095-C and Filing