There are only three scenarios to use this:
- Volunteer employees who are just being paid for reasonable expenses
- Students performing work as part of the federal work study program or a substantially similar program of a state or political subdivision
- Members of religious orders where service work is performed by an individual who is subject to a vow of poverty.
Other than these three, there is no reason to use this classification. They will be tested as a Part Time Employee. Classify them as Part Time unless any of the 3 above situations exist. If you are using Great Plains payroll and the Connector, you can check the box at the bottom of the employee box of the Connector and that will label Intern/Other as Part Time.
Questions / Resources
If you have questions or comments please email Support@integrity-data.com.
If you would like to search for information and resources for Integrity Data products check out the following sites:
- Knowledge Base: https://www.integrity-data.com/hrp/knowledge-base/
- Videos: https://www.integrity-data.com/hrp/videos/
Last Review: 6/7/2022 – Revision: 1.0
ACA Compliance Solution
Categories: Import of Data
Keywords: Intern, Other, Intern/Other