Configuration > ACA Setup > ACA Information Assignments
Using the ACA Information Assignments page, you have the ability to map employees to the correct
ACA Plan and Standard Measurement Periods.
IRS rules allow for users to use “reasonable” categories to
- Measure employee eligibility
- Offer different plans
The assignments grid allows for setting up these criteria on the left hand side of the row record. Those
criteria then drive to standard measurement periods and plan codes (mappings) on the right hand side
of the row record.
Generally there are only one or two row records in most scenarios. Having multiple ACA assignment
records is usually reserved for companies that have multiple plan offerings, banded plans or multiple
classifications of employees which may be treated differently. For more information on what
classifications are allowed per IRS rules please consult your ACA compliance officer
Employees may be grouped based on the following:
- Company ID: this is the company ID for which the plan or measurement period exists
- Reporting Year
- Employee/Company – Employment Type: This is an optional field. Leave “All” if nothing needs
to be specified
- Employee/Company – Department: This is an optional field. Leave “All” if nothing needs to be
- Employee/Company – Job Title: This is an optional field. Leave “All” if nothing needs to be
- User Defined: This is an optional field. Leave “All” if nothing needs to be specified. This field
“maps” to the payroll history user defined field on the Payroll Employees page
- SMP Schedule ID: This is a required field. Select the appropriate SMP Schedule ID. Once you
select the appropriate SMP Schedule ID, no annual maintenance is required. The system will
automatically derive the correct periods from the schedule record. You can review your schedule
IDs and schedule records by going to Configuration >ACA Setup > Standard Measurement Period.
If you have one SMP schedule for all employees, be sure to set up an “All” record as shown below.
- ACA Plan: This is a required field. Please select the appropriate ACA Plan
assignment record has been created. In order to edit any other information, delete the existing record
and create another.