If you are using our Tax Filing services, please contact support to determine the appropriate Codes needed for tax filing.
- Create Payroll Codes. Setup>Payroll Codes
- Employee (Withholding)
- If the Employee will have Withholding in one state and Unemployment in another, you will need to have the “Resident” State setup.
- Employer Tax (if applicable)
- Add new Payroll Codes to Payroll Calc Formulas Lines. Setup>Payroll Calc Formulas>Select Formula>Setup>Lines. (If using “Resident” code, make sure the Formula is “Resident State”.
- Enter State Tax ID’s. Setup>State Tax ID’s.
- If applicable, enter ER Tax Rates and Wage Base Limits for ALL ER Taxes. Periodic Activities>Periodic Processing>Employer Tax Rate / Limit Update
- Enter the State Abbreviation
- Select the Employer Tax Code
- Enter your specific Tax Percent
- Enter that states Wage Base
- Add GL Posting:
- Posting Setup>Withholdings/Deductions (Employee Portion)
- Posting Setup>Employer Taxes (Employer Portions – both debit & credit), if applicable.
- Attach to the Employee Card. Employee>Process>State Withholding Setup
- Withholding and Unemployment in same state Example (Example Employee 1)
- Withholding in One State and Unemployment in another. (Example Employee 2)
- Unemployment State
- Test calculation to verify it is working properly
- Results for Example Employee 1
- Results for Example Employee 2
Questions / Resources
If you have questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to search for information and resources for Integrity Data products, check out the following sites:
- Knowledge Base: https://www.integrity-data.com/knowledge-base/
- Videos: https://www.integrity-data.com/video-library
Last Review: 9/26/2021 – Revision: 0.0
Applies To: Payroll NOW
Categories: Payroll NOW