This red banner displays when the current employee count is greater than the allowed employee tier level that your company has purchased through Integrity Data sales. For example if you have purchased a tier level of 1000 employees maximum and you have uploaded into the system 1028, then this banner will tell you that you are 28 employees over the tier limit.
So, what can you do? You have two options:
- Call or email Integrity Data sales and they will explain your upgrade options.
- You can delete inactive and terminated employees from the Maintenance/Employee window. When employees are deleted, their employment history is also deleted. If you feel that you may rehire them, you may not want to delete them. We recommend that you download the IRS Retention Package for each of your company’s filings before you delete employees.
Here is the procedure to find and delete employees from the Maintenance/Employee screen.
- Click the 3 dots on the header of the first column. Select Columns. Add 2 more columns to the field, Terminated Date and Inactive. See the columns added at the right of the screen.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the Inactive column. Select “is true”. Scroll to the bottom of the page and see the number of Inactive available.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the Terminated Date column. Select Filter. Change to “is before” and insert a date that you are comfortable with. Filter.