Accruals are built to compute on the first processing of a Pay Cycle. The Pay Cycle name is attached posted documents as you process pay and compute all additional activity inside of pay processing.
There is a hierarchy that needs to be observed.
- Creating Additional Pay AFTER you have created the current Pay Cycle
- You can simply re-run the same pay cycle name AFTER you have created the Payroll run and re-use the dates to populate Posting and Pay Dates.
- Creating Additional Pay PRIOR to creating regular Payroll Run for the upcoming Payroll
- If you create additional pay in advance of creating pay you need to chose the pay cycle period PRIOR to the upcoming payroll cycle.
- You can manually update the payment and posting dates to post and pay when you want.
NOTE: Pay Cycle Name is the driver of the computation of accruals. There is code to PREVENT additional accruals of PTO on multiple Pay Runs. Therefore, the Pay Cycles need to be observed.
Questions / Resources
If you have questions or comments please email Support@integrity-data.com.
Find demos, tutorials, and more at our video library.
Last Review: 6/10/2021 – Revision: 0.0
Key Words: Accruals
Categories: Payroll NOW
KB Number: KB15-006